As many of you may remember a few weeks ago, I announced that my family and I will be leaving the church this coming summer. While it is sad that we are going, a search committee has been formed and is actively searching for a replacement to fill the role of Youth Pastor here at NHCBC. Attached to this letter you will find a copy of the job description for this role. TheYouth Pastor search committee kindly requests that you please p ray for us as we embark on this search. We also kindly ask that if you know of anyone who may be qualified/called by the Holy Spirit for this role that you pass this on to them.
I’m a firm believer that God is always working and moving in each of our lives. Even now as I’m preparing this letter, I’m confident that God is already moving in the life of the one he has chosen to carry on this ministry. Also, please keep our students in your prayers as well. Although it may be hard, the Lord is faithful and true in all things. Again, thank you for all your support and prayers during this time.
Click here and see below to see the full job description for Youth Pastor.
We are looking to hire an exemplary part-time (approximately 20 hrs/wk) Youth Pastor to lead and guide our church’s middle school and high school students (Grades 6-12).The Youth Pastor will strive to make all students understand what a life with Christ looks like and encourage students in knowledge of God and His Word as well as support them to develop their love for Him and for others.You will be expected to attend student functions at schools and home school events, grow relationships with students and provide them and their families with biblical guidance.
To be successful in this position, you need to provide students with a place to belong that encourages them to love and support one another while equipping them to overcome the challenges of this world.Ideal candidates have a proficient understanding of biblical truth, apply it in their own lives and are capable of teaching/demonstrating it to young people.
Youth Pastor Responsibilities:
- Overseeing, growing and coordinating church’s youth ministry.
- Designing, overseeing and examining curriculum for all programs, events, and classes (including Sunday School) in conjunction with the church’s Christian Education Board.
- Leading middle and high school students to encourage their spiritual growth via weekly Youth meetings and bible studies.
- Interacting with students during Sunday services
- Developing positive relationships with students and their parents.
- Sharing/Communicating ministry plans/events through various media streams (email, social media, announcements during worship, etc.)
- Displaying Christ-like approach and lifestyle and praying regularly for young people in the church and community.
- Incorporating youth into various church ministries (Greeting, VBS, Worship team, Children’s Church, Small Groups, etc.)
- Growing Students in the knowledge of God and His Word, challenging them to grow stronger each week.
- Select/maintain Youth Leadership team that exhibits a strong-relationship with Christ to support the Youth Group and mentor students.
- Attending and participating in staff meetings
Youth Pastor Minimum Requirements:
- Should be called by God and the Holy Spirit into Ministry for a specific purpose of discipling Youth in this current season of life.
- Evident relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Previous experience working with teens in a ministry setting.
- Previous leadership experience of some form in a ministry setting. (i.e. Small Group Leader, Bible Study leader, etc.)
- Proficient understanding of challenges and needs of young people.
- Excellent computer skills, and proficiency with social media.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Affinity for young people.
- Ability to lead by example.
- Flexible schedule to work extended hours, evenings, over weekend and public holidays, and on short notice when necessary. (i.e. retreats, mission trips, etc.)
- Will be required to take students on an annual Youth Mission Trip.
- Must have proper security clearances.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and able to drive students when necessary.
To apply, please send a copy of your resume and cover letter to secretary@nhcbccom or mail it to North Hills Community Baptist Church, 7801 Thompson Run Rd, Pittsburgh, PA 15237 Attn: Beth Spence.