AMOS Nicaragua Mission
The Mission Board in conjunction with the American Baptist Churches of Pennsylvania and Delaware (ABCOPAD) are sponsoring a mission trip to Nicaragua July 13-21, 2019. This year, the delegation will be spending the entire trip in the city of Managua, staying at the AMOS headquarters.
The North Hills Community Baptist Church invites all who feel called to be a part of this important work to join. Please read the information below and reach out to the trip coordinators or the church office if you have interest.
All documentation forms will be submitted to Joyce Katich (regardless of instructions on forms). Ms. Katich will ensure all forms are completed correctly with notarizations (if applicable) and that they get to the designated agencies in the prescribed time
- Trip Commitment – 3/31 (Our form & AMOS waiver form)
- Financial Aid application deadline – 4/14
- Mission board will notify Financial Aid awards by 4/21
- Application for Passports no later than 4/6
- 3 Copies of Passport to Joyce by 5/26
- 1 copy mailed to AMOS by 6/13
- 1 copy to be carried with Joyce in Trip
- 1 copy Joyce will turn in to you for airline reservations)
- 4/28 – initial deposit of $500
- 5/19 – second deposit Of $750
- 6/16 – final payment of $750 (or less pending total cost of the trip)
All travel will be arranged by the coordinators of the trip and the NHCBC staff. The delegation will travel as a group from the United States to Managua (Sandino Airport) and arrive at the same time. This normally connects through the George H. W. Bush Houston Intercontinental Airport. If delegation members are not flying from Pittsburgh International Airport, travel arrangements will be made from the delegant’s home airport.
If you would like additional information about this trip and/or have interest in going, please contact one of the following people for information:
- Amy Mendicino (Chair, Mission Board)
- Ryan Buschmeyer (Trip Coordinator)
- Joyce Katich (Trip Coordinator)
- Beth Spence (Church Administrator)
The deadline for delegation membership decisions is Sunday, March 31st. Please check back here for further information on the trip